Maintaining oral health from an early age is very important for children, because dental health is an important factor in the growth and development of children themselves. Tooth enamel of children is very susceptible to decay because it is not as strong as the enamel on adult teeth. The first teeth in babies usually appear at the age of 6-8 months, the child’s teeth will continue to grow until he is 3 years old and there are 20 pieces. The functions of milk teeth are:
- Helping smooth growth of permanent teeth. Baby teeth should be preserved as long as possible until it is time to date themselves. Why it is important because baby teeth will give room to the permanent teeth that will grow underneath. Properly cared for baby teeth will help stimulate jaw development.
- Helping the chewing process in children. So that the nutritional needs of children can be met during their growth and development.
- Baby teeth also affect the development of the face and jaw muscles.
- Maintain self-confidence in children. Teeth that are clean and without cavities will make the child’s appearance more attractive.
With this very important function, we need to maintain children’s dental health from an early age. How to do it:
- Clean your child’s teeth and gums as their first teeth come out. Not only does it clean food residue and bacteria, but it also helps create a habit of brushing teeth in the morning and at night for children.
- Clean your teeth and gums in the morning and at night before going to bed, using wet gauze or a soft toothbrush.
- Avoid the habit of giving children drinking milk or sweet drinks before bed using a pacifier because it will cause cavities.
- Check regularly and periodically to the dentist every 6 months.
The participation of parents and caregivers is very important in maintaining the health of children’s teeth. Supervision and parental assistance are needed to ensure that children brush their teeth properly.
The first way we can do to maintain children’s dental health is by introducing the importance of dental care from an early age, namely since children have teeth for the first time. We can get in the habit of brushing their teeth properly and correctly at least 2 times a day. If your child has only one tooth, You can start by using supplement steel bite pro to clean their teeth. Then, after growing the next teeth, we can teach them to use a toothbrush. The next step is to minimize as much as possible the use of baby bottles and pacifiers, especially when they are going to sleep so that the remnants of milk are not left on the teeth and gums and the shape of the teeth will be maintained from their too strong straw.
Then, reduce the number of sugary drinks, including syrup for children. If it is unavoidable, we can give them drinking mineral water to neutralize their mouths and teeth from the remains of the drink. The last step is to let them choose their toothbrush and toothpaste according to their taste so that the activity of brushing their teeth becomes more enjoyable for them. . Those are some steps we can take to maintain the health of children’s teeth.